The next aptitude tests for children born in 2014 will take place during week 12 in March 2019. Registrations should be submitted by 15.2.2019.
At the beginning of the year of your child’s fifth birthday, you will receive a letter inviting them to the Preschool 1 aptitude test.
- You will also receive information about the test dates, fees and other details
- The aptitude test is conducted in Finnish and English, so either Finnish or English skills are required when applying to Preschool 1
- The acceptance of children is based on
- A language test that assesses the general terminology and language skills that a child needs in a learning environment
- Children's working habits
- Social skills in a group environment
The aptitude test will be held at the premises of The English School, which are located at Mäntytie 14, 00270 Helsinki.
Currently, there are openings for fifty children in The English School preschool program. If the tests indicate that your child can succeed at The English School, your family will receive an official letter of acceptance. You can then either accept or decline the invitation.
How to Apply?
To start the process, you are requested to fill in a registration form for your child and pay the registration fee (20 €)
- Complete payment of registration fee (20 €)
The English School bank details:
IBAN FI67 2262 1800 0634 37
Swift code NDEAFIHH
Message: "Preschool registration + child's name"
- Submit the online registration form OR send the registration form accompanied with a receipt of the registration fee by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR by post to The English School, Valimotie 17-19, 00380 Helsinki, FINLAND
- If this is not the year your child is eligible for admission to the preschool, you are required to confirm your registration with an informal letter to us on a yearly basis until your child is eligible.