Our preschool education is based on the Finnish National Core Curriculum. Each child’s physical, psychological and social development, and the development of their knowledge and skills are supported. Moreover, preschool education accommodates children’s play, initiatives and experimentation.
Preschool education is integrative in nature. The children’s own interests and the mutual goals of students and teachers alike, form the point of departure for implementing the learning modules.
Preschool I Program
Preschool begins the year when your child turns five. We provide an introduction to English-language immersion through play, movement, exploration, and through arts and crafts.
- Gaining confidence developing basic English skills
- Increasing vocabulary
- Developing written language skills
- Supporting interaction skills
- Encouraging the development of Finnish as second language
- Awakening children’s interest in their environment
- Developing basic math and science skills
- Learning to interact socially with peers and teachers
- Enjoying arts, crafts and music
- Participating in physical activity
Preschool II Program
The second year of preschool continues to build upon the strong foundation of Preschool I.
- Learning to communicate in English with more fluency
- Continuing to develop their linguistic skills
- Honing their phonic skills
- Fostering their interest in reading
- Supporting their communication skills
- Encouraging the further development of Finnish as second language
- Developing additional mathematical skills
- Participating in physical activities, such as swimming, skating and gym
- Enjoying arts, crafts, music and drama